Do you spend countless hours trying to look for the best problem-solution essay topics? Why bite your nails so much when problems are so many around you? Brainstorming for the best idea can be hectic I agree. This is especially the case when you have lots of ideas to choose from. Basically, problem solution essays identify a problem which you try to solve. The only thing here is that you defend or argue for a set course of action and counter-argue against the others. When you have so many topics to talk about, choose what you’re passionate about and it will be super-easy for you to develop a substantial argument for it. Let’s take a quick look at some of the most interesting problem solution essay topics for students that will help you in writing an essay.
These are pretty common phenomena on campus and college grounds and its time somebody stood up for the act. Something should be done to stop or at least lower the cases of sexual assaults both in school and the society at large. An argumentative essay can be formulated to discuss some steps that can be taken by university administration to stop these vices.
A well-developed argumentative essay can be designed to discuss such questions as: what hinders people from asking for help before committing suicides? What are the relevant organizations/ authorities doing on these suicides? What programs have been established in schools and just how effective have they been in eradicating or lowering the suicide cases?
Generally, crime is there in almost all campuses and countries at large. People are demonstrating every now and then because of a robbery somewhere, murder and such criminal activities. Crime is such a huge topic that you can always discuss and find some solutions. Community-based policing can be a fruitful solution. You just have to ask the right questions!
Needless to say, corruption is a major problem that still affects most institutions and countries especially in the developing countries. What factors contribute to corruption? What legal procedures have been set to address this vice? How effective have they been and what can be done to change the situation as it is now?
Bullying and Other Forms of Harassment in Schools
This is one of the best problem-solution essay topics for college students. In as much as bullying is there in high schools, it’s also a menace for some college students.
Adoption and Population Control
Let’s face it! The world population is growing at a very high rate and if something is not done, we’ll be more than the globe can support. It’s time we addressed adoption policies and altered them a little bit to encourage more people to adopt the neglected and homeless children.
Long-term unemployment needs to be addressed since it’s a reality in modern society. Whose role is it to create jobs? What rules/ laws exist regarding unemployment? Should corporations be tasked with the role of creating jobs or should this be federal/ local government’s job? What risk factors predispose individuals to unemployment and how can these be dealt with?
Student Loans and Higher Education Affordability
Higher education can be very expensive for students from certain backgrounds. Unemployed parents/ guardians, those with special needs, the sick and the elderly might find it difficult to raise the required fees. What happens in such a scenario? What are the governments/ relevant authorities doing to curb these issues? How do you expect an unemployed graduate to pay for the hefty student loans used to pay for their fees?
Cash Management While at School
Many students don’t know how to plan for their money. I think it’s high time we admitted that this is one issue that contributes to other later issues. Assume that a student carelessly misuses their money before the semester is over. What do they resolve to? Crime, drug abuse and other vices to support their stay while at school. What can be done to address this issue?
Homelessness and Home Foreclosures
There are many homeless people simply because they were subjected to some foreclosures following some unpaid debts or rent. What policies can be established to reduce the burden of owning a home? Are there rules protecting the home owners? If yes, just how effective are they?
Inflation and High Cost of Living
Why is the cost of living so high? What is the federal government doing about it? What can I do about it?
Application-Based Learning Vs. Book-Knowledge
The current system of education is so much into books rather than practical skills (at least in most countries). Should new policies or curriculum be introduced to focus much on practical and application based learning?
This is common in homes where one parent or both are drunkards or drug abusers. However, these are not the only contributory factors so you could look into some more of these. You could also look into possible remedies.
Undocumented immigration has been associated with some criminal activities and drug trafficking. What policies are in place to address the issue? What factors are considered before deportation?
Relationships and Faithfulness
Students face lots of relationship issues. What does the law say about these? What does the school administration do in such scenarios?
Special Needs Children in Normal Schools
Segregation and poor treatment of students with special needs is a common problem in normal schools. These children are always in jeopardy from the others, sometimes being bullied and treated differently by the teachers.
Exams should be made stringent so that cheating is dealt with in schools. In your argumentative essay, try to look at some ways to make them strict.
Drug Abuse Amongst Students
Why do students engage in drug abuse? How should this be dealt with?
Are the existing programs working towards literacy promotion? What other approaches can be used?
Are the existing laws promoting the privacy of the general public from government spying? Does the public need to know that they’re being spied on? What rights do they have against the matter at hand? What is influence of technology on students that also affect other’s privacy?
Money in Politics
Are politicians allowed to squander public funds to carry out their campaigns? Do they do it anyway? What steps can we take to stop this?
How effective are environmental pollution laws? Are industries following these laws? If not, what is being done to fight pollution?
Use of Animals in Scientific Research
What are the ethics of animal use in scientific research? Are they seriously being followed? What bodies look into this issue? Do they do their jobs?
In as much as we have child labor laws, does this mean they’re followed to the latter? What penalty is charged under the circumstances of child labor? Is it working or is there an alternative?
Beauty Promotion Via Plastic Surgery
How right is beauty promotion through plastic surgeries? Are there side effects? Are the ‘patients’ aware of these?
Its time you followed this guide to become a successful student. These 25 eye opener topics will help you complete your argumentative essay without many hassles.
essay writingwriting tipsproblem solution essayessay topics
Do you know what a problem solution essay is? If not, then the first thing to know is that you should start by looking at a number of topics before choosing one that is suitable. After that, you will need to:
- Provide a detailed explanation of the problem;
- Recommend a suitable solution;
- Develop an argument that shows your solution is practical, capable of being achieved and cost-efficient;
- Say why your suggested solution is the best one.
Are you finding it difficult to choose a topic for your problem and solution essay? Take a look at the following list of ideas. Do not forget you can adapt any of these suggestions to suit your own purpose or circumstances.
Is driving a passion of yours? If it is, then the following problem and solution essay topics may interest you.
- How should people who are caught texting when driving be punished?
- Are there any improvements that could be made in your area to make driving a less stressful and more pleasant experience?
- How can parking be improved in a congested or busy area you are familiar with?
- Can people be taught to become better drivers and, if so, how?
- Should the use of public transport be better promoted and what incentives should people be given to use it?
- Are there any changes that could or should be made to existing speed limits and traffic laws to encourage better driving?
- Is the education for learner-drivers in your state good enough or is there room for improvement?
- Could the learner-driver laws in the state you live in be improved so that people become better and more careful drivers?
- What do you consider to be the most serious driving violations and is there any way these can be eradicated?
- How do you think deaths related to drink-driving can be prevented?
Topics on College Life
This problem solution essay topics list relates to college life where there are usually a number of good and bad issues to consider.
- Can students become better at exams and tests and, if so, how?
- Is there any way of reducing student procrastination?
- How can homesickness be dealt with most effectively?
- Is there an effective way to balance work, study and an active social life?
- Can college environments be made safer? How?
- Recommend ways of reducing stress amongst college students.
- What is the best criterion for choosing a college?
- Is it difficult for parents to let their children go when they begin college and what are the most effective ways to let go?
- What can students do to encourage their parents to given them their independence?
- How would you help a suicidal friend?
- What is the best way of asking or getting your parents to increase your allowance?
- What is the best way of dealing with problematic roommates?
- Is there anything you can do if those in the dormitory or apartment next to you are too noisy?
- When students start college, what should they do to maintain a healthy lifestyle and diet?
- Is there any way of making college education less costly for students? Should at least part of student education be government-funded?
- What is the best way of coping when something a student hopes for does not happen, for example, if they don’t get the scholarship they hoped for or a place on the course they wanted?
- Are there any ways of improving attentiveness in class?
- Are there any study techniques a student can use to improve their grades?
- What are the most effective ways of managing attendance e.g. at lectures, classes, etc.?
- How can colleges help students when they fall behind and should a student’s parents be allowed to know their grades?
- What are the best ways of managing student finances?
- How can students stay fit and healthy if their favorite sport isn’t offered at their new college?
- How can colleges encourage students to actively take part in politics and elections on campus?
- How should students decide whether to rush a sorority or fraternity?
Topics on Education
Here is another list of problem solution essay topics for college students.
- What can be done to provide students who are especially talented or gifted with suitable education?
- How should schools cater for special-needs students in order to serve them better?
- What is the best way of dealing with students who are disruptive and/or have behavioral problems?
- Should other languages such as Chinese or Arabic become compulsory for every student?
- What is the best way of making home-schooled students ready for college?
- Is there any way college education can be improved for students who have learning difficulties?
- How should cheating at school be handled and are there any preventative steps that can be taken?
- What is the best way of helping children who are failing in class or finding it difficult to keep up at school?
- Should schools do anything to address child obesity and, if so, what can they do?
- Should all schools operate by the same core curriculum and what do you suggest that curriculum contain?
- Should schools focus more on physical education (PE) with a view to building healthier and fitter communities?
- Should colleges and schools put more funding and resources into sports, fine arts and similar activities?
- How could your school or college be improved?
- What could or should be done to tackle bullying, violence and other types of anti-social activities in schools?
- Should conventional textbooks be replaced with digital media? Is there a case for every student having an iPad or laptop? Are schools adapting well to changing technologies?
Parenting and Family Matters
Parents and family are something every writer identifies with so here are a few topic ideas, which may help, especially if you are just learning how to write a problem solution essay.
- If parents are to help their children avoid eating disorders, how can they encourage them develop a healthy view of their bodies?
- Do you believe parents are responsible for their children’s body weight and how can families with obese children be helped?
- Is it important for parents to teach religion to their children and how can they do this?
- How can parents teach their offspring to manage money effectively?
- How can parents manage the way their children use cell phones and other technologies such as social media?
- How should parents discipline children and what are the most effective ways of doing this?
- Are there any ways that adoption rules should be changed so that children are given the opportunity of a loving family before they outgrow the welfare system?
- What is the best advice for parents who put too much pressure on children to achieve?
- What is the best way of helping families to cope with a child who has a mental illness?
Topics on Relationships
Everyone is concerned in some way with relationships. The following are some ideas that may help with your problem solution essays.
- What are the best ways of removing barriers so that we can communicate better with people who differ from ourselves in terms of culture, race and socioeconomic circumstances?
- What are the best ways of dealing with people who are manipulative and/or domineering?
- What advice would you offer someone in an unhealthy or unsuitable relationship?
- If you thought your friend was making poor lifestyle choices, what advice would you give them?
- Do you think texting has affected personal relationships for better or worse? Should or can anything be done to make sure the modern generation understands the difference between “real” and “virtual” relationships?
- Is there anything individuals and society as a whole can do to move away from stereotyping and racism?
- How would you help someone with depression symptoms?
- When a relationship is ready to move on from “friendship,” what is the best way to achieve this?
- What is the best way for a woman to let a man know she likes him? Do you think she should suggest a date?
Topics on Society
- What are the best ways of preventing divorce?
- What are the best ways of preventing teenage pregnancy?
- What are the best ways of eliminating or preventing racism?
- What is the best way of helping homeless people?
- How can young people be prevented from trying or using drugs?
- What are the best ways of helping those who suffer domestic or family violence?
- How can the number of deaths caused by drink driving be reduced or prevented?
- How can young people be encouraged to drive more safely?
- Modern media is often accused of portraying too much violence and making pornography too easily available. How can children be protected from the adverse effects of these?
- What can be done to improve literacy?
- What can be done to encourage people to live healthier lives e.g. by taking more exercise, not smoking, etc.?
- What are the best ways of helping school and college leavers to find employment?
- How should the increase in gun-type crime be tackled?
- How can prisoners be rehabilitated so that they become valuable members of society?
- What is the best way of dealing with illegal immigrants?
- What is the best way of dealing with terrorism?
- When a couple divorce, how can society help their children succeed academically, be happy and build solid relationships and/or marriages?
- What changes can be made to the welfare system to help people get out of poverty?
- What can be done to eliminate people trafficking?
- How can society strike a balance between freedom of speech and an individual’s right not to be insulted or abused?
- How can we ensure that proper healthcare is available to people everywhere in the world?
- Is there any way your locality can be made more friendly for cyclists and pedestrian?
Here are a few final ideas for a problem solution essay.
- How can athletes mentally prepare for occasional or even frequent defeat?
- Is sports training too difficult for young children? How should youngsters be taught their chosen sport?
- How can steroid use be limited or eliminated in sport?
- How should someone prepare if they are to succeed at a particular sport?
- Can anything be done to make your local sports team more successful and/or can local support be improved?
- How can professional sportsmen and women mentally prepare themselves for injury or even retirement?
- Do you think your favorite sporting venue could be improved and how?
- How can coaches incentivize their players to improve performance?
- How much payment do you think players of your favorite sport should get? Should payments be somehow divided or capped?
- Should those who participate in college sports get paid? Can colleges improve the effectiveness of athletics and sports education?
- Could the media cover a sport you follow better? Do some games get better coverage than other types?